标题: 《Teddy Roosevelt Over There》作者: - Mike Resnick【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-10-4 13:09
标题: 《Teddy Roosevelt Over There》作者: - Mike Resnick【EPUB】
Over There by Mike Resnick >>>_I respectfully ask permission immediately to raise two divisions for immediate service at the front under the bill which has just become law, and hold myself ready to raise four divisions, if you so direct. I respectfully refer for details to my last letters to the Secretary of War._ _ --Theodore Roosevelt_ _ Telegram to President Woodrow_ _ Wilson, May 18, 1917_<<< * * * * >>>_I very much regret that I cannot comply with the request in your telegram of yesterday. The reasons I have stated in a public statement made this morning, and I need not assure you that my conclusions were based upon imperative considerations of public policy and not upon personal or private choice._ _ --Woodrow Wilson,_ _ Telegram to Theodore Roosevelt,_ _ May 19, 1917_<<< * * * * The date was May 22, 1917. Woodrow Wilson looked up at the burly man standing impatiently before his desk. "This will necessarily have to be an extremely brief meeting, Mr. Roosevelt," he said wearily. "I have consented

欢迎光临 (http://zazww.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2