标题: 《Seeing 》作者:- Greg Egan 【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-9-11 11:35
标题: 《Seeing 》作者:- Greg Egan 【EPUB】
SEEING By Greg Egan I gaze down at the dusty top surface of the bank of lights suspended from the ceiling of the operating theatre. There’s a neatly hand-lettered sticker on the grey-painted metal — slightly yellowing, the writing a little faded, peeling at one corner. It reads: IN CASE OF OUT-OF-BODY EXPERIENCE PHONE 137 4597 I’m puzzled: I’ve never come across a local number starting with a one — and when I look again, it’s clear that the digit in question is actually a seven. I was mistaken about the ‘dust’, too; it’s nothing but a play of light on the slightly uneven surface of the paint. Dust in a sterile, air-filtered room like this — what was I thinking? I shift my attention to my body, draped in green save for a tiny square aperture above my right temple, where the macrosurgeon’s probe is following the bullet’s entry wound into my skull. The spindly robot has the operating table to itself, although a couple of gowned-and-masked humans are present, off to one side, watching what I take to be X-ray views of the probe approaching its target; from my vantage point, the screen is foreshortened, the images hard to decipher. Injected microsurgeons must

欢迎光临 (http://zazww.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2