收起左侧

[英文] 《The Peril at End House 》作者:- Christie_ Agatha【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-4-15 07:41 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The Peril at End HouseThe Peril at End HouseThe Peril at End HouseThe Peril at End HouseChapter 1 – The Majestic HotelNo seaside town in the south of England is I think as attractive as St Loo. It is well named the Queen of Watering Places and remindsone forcibly of the Riviera. The Cornish coast is to my mind every bit as fascinating as that of the south of France.I remarked as much to my friend Hercule Poirot. So it said on our menu in the restaurant car yesterday mon ami. Your remark is notoriginal.But dont you agreeHe was smiling to himself and did not at once answer my question. I repeated it.A thousand pardons Hastings. My thoughts were wandering. Wandering indeed to that part of the world you mentioned just now.The south of FranceYes. I was thinking of that last winter that I spent there and of the events which occurred.I remembered. A murder had been committed on the Blue Train and the mystery-a complicated and baffling one-had been solved byPoirot with his usual unerring acumen.How I wish I had been with you I said with deep regret.I too said Poirot. Your experience would have been invaluable to me.I looked at him sideways. As a result of long habit I distrust his compliments but he appeared perfectly serious. And after all why notI have a very long experience of the methods he employs.What I particularly missed was your vivid imagination Hastings he went on dreamily. One needs a certain amount of light relief. Myvalet Georges an admirable man with whom I sometimes permitted myself to discuss a point has no imagination whatever. This remarkseemed to me quite irrelevant.Tell me Poirot I said. Are you never tempted to renew your activities This passive life-Suits me admirably my friend. To sit in the sun-what could be more charming To step from your pedestal at the zenith of your fame-what could be a grander gesture They say of me: “That is Hercule Poirot-The great-the unique-There was never any one like him therenever will be” Eh bien-I am satisfied. I ask no more. I am modest.I should not myself have used the word modest. It seemed to me that my little friends egotism had certainly
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 20:06 , Processed in 1.765654 second(s), 50 queries .