收起左侧

[英文] 《The Internal Clock 》作者:- Michael Fridman【EPUB】

关闭 [复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-12-30 08:34 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The Internal Clock Michael Fridman "I would grind all the Gothic arches in the world to powder to save the sanity of a single human soul" - Father Brown in The Doom of the Darnaways, G.K. Chesterton. Darkness 2 Exactly 3 Bastardly 4 Myriads 6 Two 7 Silence 10 Together 12 Attempting 17 Rings 20 Cogs 23 Gatherings 25 The Room 29 Flickers 31 Dreaming 33 Violence 34 An instance 38 Finally 40 Relief 41 Darkness projected an icy cold towards S's fingers. Not an overbearing cold - just a tingling. A tingling that was annoyingly exacerbated by a lack of visual stimuli. She'd been there long enough for the coloured spots in front of her eyes to go away. Just blackness. But that in itself was a comfort as it meant nothing had to be done yet. So S sat. And sat. There are many ways to alleviate boredom and frustration. S tapped her fingers against her knees. Soon, she could feel a slight pulse in the fingertips - they were after all the only part of her body that moved. I wonder how nervous I am. S decided to measure her pulse. The time between the first and the second beat was about 50/57th of a second. Good. Pretty normal. The next one was 52/57th, then 53, then somewhere in between 51 and 52 - she couldn't decide which. Nothing drastic - guess I'm fine. Unless I've merely convinced myself of the fact. S wondered if her sense improved by being still and in the dark. She was about to try and measure her heartbeat with a more adventurous unit (say, a 114th) when her train-going-to-nowhere of thoughts was upturned by the sound of at least one being entering the room. S silently dashed to the hole, almost grinding her ear into it with eagerness. Two sets of footsteps were heard approaching, along with an infinitely-dim light coming from a slightly-open door. S thought she could just make out the planks of the inside of her box along with the straw. Alternatively, it could be her over-inflated imagination. A polished, confident male voice broke her sense of being in a capsule... "...and then we have the folks who try to bring in questionable
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 17:09 , Processed in 0.983774 second(s), 51 queries .