标题: 《The Shadow Girl 》作者:- Ray Cummings 【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2014-6-28 14:18
标题: 《The Shadow Girl 》作者:- Ray Cummings 【EPUB】
THE SHADOW GIRL by RAY CUMMINGS WILDSIDE PRESS Chapter I The extraordinary and mysterious visions of the shadow girl appeared on the television set which Alan and I had just erected in his workshop. It was nearly midnight—a hot sultry evening in late June. We had worked all evening installing it. Alan's sister, Nanette, sat quietly in a corner, modeling a little statue in green clay. Occasionally she would ask us how we were getting along. We were planning to receive the broadcasting from one of the New York stations—a program which had been advertised for 11:30 P.M. The room was dark as we sat at the small instrument table with the nineteen-inch screen erect against the wall. The set hummed as the current went into it. The screen lighted unevenly; we could not locate with any precision the necessary channels; not one of the broadcasting studios which we knew were at that moment on the air, would come in. Nanette was disappointed and impatient as I manipulated the dials at random, and Alan verified the connections. “Is there nothing on

欢迎光临 (http://zazww.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2