标题: 《The Eyes of God 》作者:- Peter Watts【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-11-15 08:27
标题: 《The Eyes of God 》作者:- Peter Watts【EPUB】
The Eyes of God Peter Watts I am not a criminal. I have done nothing wrong. They’ve just caught a woman at the front of the line, mocha-skinned, mid-thirties, eyes wide and innocent beneath the brim of her La Senza beret. She dosed herself with oxytocin from the sound of it, tried to subvert the meat in the system - a smile, a wink, that extra chemical nudge that bypasses logic and whispers right to the brainstem: This one’s a friend, no need to put her through the machines… But I guess she forgot: we’re all machines here, tweaked and tuned and retrofitted down to the molecules. The guards have been immunized against argument and aerosols. They lead her away, indifferent to her protests. I try to follow their example, harden myself against whatever awaits her on the other side of the white door. What was she thinking, to try a stunt like that? Whatever hides in her head must be more than mere inclination. They don’t yank paying passengers for evil fantasies, not yet anyway, not yet. She must have done something. She must have acted. Half an hour before the plane boards. There are at least fifty law-abiding citizens ahead of me and they

欢迎光临 (http://zazww.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2